This simplest of condiments is a must when eating dosa or idli.
It’s an uncomplicated blend of fresh or dried coconut, green chilli, garlic, fresh coriander & or mint and salt. That’s it!
Fresh Green Coconut Chutney
- 1/2 fresh coconut cut into chunks – I leave the brown skin on OR
- 1 tea-cup frozen coconut OR
- 2/3 tea-cup grated dissicated coconut
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-4 fresh green chillies
- a bunch of coriander leaves mint or a mixture of the two also works well
- salt to taste
- if using dissicated coconut rehydrate in a little water for about 30 mins
- put all the ingredients in a blender with enough water to achieve a smooth creamy paste
- serve with your favourite South Indian or Sri Lankan dish