This simplest of condiments is a must when eating dosa or idli.
It’s an uncomplicated blend of fresh or dried coconut, green chilli, garlic, fresh coriander & or mint and salt. That’s it!
Fresh Green Coconut Chutney
A staple in South Indian and Sri Lankan Tamil cooking, it goes with just about anything, but always with dosa and idli
- 1/2 fresh coconut cut into chunks – I leave the brown skin on OR
- 1 tea-cup frozen coconut OR
- 2/3 tea-cup grated dissicated coconut
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-4 fresh green chillies
- a bunch of coriander leaves mint or a mixture of the two also works well
- salt to taste
- if using dissicated coconut rehydrate in a little water for about 30 mins
- put all the ingredients in a blender with enough water to achieve a smooth creamy paste
- serve with your favourite South Indian or Sri Lankan dish
2 Replies to “Green Coconut Chutney”
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
Brilliant. Thank you!